Applicants are expected to be financially capable of supporting themselves on this programme in Malaysia. Upon application:
i. Applicants aged below 50 years are required to show proof of liquid assets worth
minimum of RM500,000 and offshore income of RM10,000 per month.
ii. Applicants aged 50 and above may comply with the financial proof of RM350,000 in liquid assets and offshore income of RM10,000 per month. For those who have retired, they are required to show proof of receiving pension from government approved funds of RM 10,000 per month.
iii. New applicants who have purchased properties worth at least RM 1 million qualify to place a lower fixed deposit amount upon approval.
Successful applicants are required to comply with the following financial criteria upon receipt of the ‘conditional approval letter’ from the Malaysia Immigration Department.
(For applicants who are single or with spouse)
|Below 50 years old||50 years old and above|
|FIXED DEPOSIT WITHDRAWAL (After 1 year period)
Applicable only for approved expenses, such as house purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes.
|Withdrawal up to
|Withdrawal up to
|MUST MAINTAIN A MINIMUM FIXED DEPOSIT BALANCE
(For the remaining period of stay)
|Approved participants who have purchased and owned property which were bought at RM1 million and above in Malaysia may comply with the basic fixed deposit requirement of RM 150,000 on condition that the property has been fully paid and ownership documents such as grant and land title have already been issued. This amount may not be withdrawn until the participant decides to terminate his participation in MM2H programme.||Approved participants who have purchased and owned property which were bought at RM1 million and above in Malaysia may comply with the basic fixed deposit requirement of RM 100,000 on condition that the property has been fully paid and ownership documents such as grant and land title have already been issued. This amount may not be withdrawn until the participant decides to terminate his participation in MM2H programme.|
* Only applicants who are drawing from Government Approved Funds will be considered to have fulfilled the “Monthly off – Shore Income” criteria.
- Successful applicants need to open their fixed deposits in Ringgit Malaysia (RM) only.
- Participants need to obtain prior approval from Ministry of Tourism before proceed to withdraw the fixed deposit.
- Participants under this programme may withdraw their entire fixed deposit anytime should they decide to terminate their stay in Malaysia under this programme. However, they must obtain prior approval from the Ministry of Tourism.
- The above rate is based on the currency exchange rate of 3.26 (USD1.00 = RM3.26), which is subject to change without any prior notice.
All participants and their dependents (spouse and children) are required to submit a medical report from any private hospital or registered clinic in Malaysia.
Participants and their dependents (spouse and children) who are approved must possess a valid medical insurance policy, which is applicable in Malaysia.
Participants should not participate in activities that can be considered as sensitive to the local people and a threat to the security of the country.
Special Social Visa For Parents
Parents of participants who are over 60 years old could also come to Malaysia together with the participants under a special social visit visa for six months, which is renewable till the expiry of the applicants’s 10 years visa.